Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday

Can't remember when the last time I actually spent the day engaged in watching football like I did today, but 'never say never' is one of my mottos. We feasted on comfort food, so that helped me stay with it, along with halfway entertaining pre-game, half-time and post-game shows. Oh, and the game was thrilling at times, too!

Get a load of our game day menu: shrimp and guacamole nachos, chili cheese dogs, tater tots, pizza, and chocolate chip cake. It was a smorgasboard-type buffet, to say the least. We grazed all afternoon. Hubs and I are so used to not wasting food since Missy went off to college, and today felt a bit weird with all of these eats, but we soon got used to it, LOL.

I do admit to sneaking off a few times to work on art. But my plans to read blogs got sidelined. My computer was pretty much an orphan today. At some point, I got email wind that 2peas was down, and there was one time that blogger was down, too. In fact, right at this moment I cannot run spell check or upload a photo through blogger. So, I will rely on flickr for the photos tonight and learn to love the typos, LOL.

This is a card I made a while back for my Mom. It had to be as flat as possible because of how I mailed it (long story), so I resisted the urge to frou-frou it up a bit more. It looks a bit plain to me, but the beauty of it is my Mom thought it was fabulous, and sometimes I forget that's really what counts:
Birthday card for my Mom
I'm trying to find a good time tomorrow to get together for dinner with my bff Cindy on the other side of Houston. I have to deliver some papers for my in-laws and I want to hang out until rush hour ends, and she is trying to clear her schedule. So, I'm going to call it a night and get some shut-eye. Just wanted to pop in and post a bit. Here's to a good week for everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That card is really cute! I spent my super bowl time scrapping (I don't really do football unless it's college football). I could hear hubby cheering loudly, though, and he told me several times it was a close and good game.

Linda said...

I love your card! I like how you have the felt peeking out from behind. I love football, it was a really good game.

Heather said...

Beautiful card Aimes! And I stand corrected. No body, besides Aimeslee, has been participating in my Photo Challenges!

Maureen said...

Wow, that is a beautiful card! Love it!

Lida said...

Last night I watched my first football game and even do I don´t know a thing it was a lot of fun.
Your food sounds so yummy, and I´m happy you had a good time.

jillconyers said...

Gotta love Super Bowl snacking!

Beautiful card :)

Colleen said...

Sounds like a fun day of football and food! Glad you enjoyed it!

Great card! Have a great week!

Theresa said...

Sounds like you had a great Super Bowl Party. It was a good game and I don't even like football.

Really like the card, don't think it needed anything else.

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee! Love the colors and mix of elements.

Thanks for the sweet words on my blog. I'm slowly finding my way back to good health. :)