Thursday, February 28, 2008

My day & a surprise RAK

Can you believe I've never done a Blog RAK? Wait, I think I did a few times like a year ago. Anyway, it's been too long.

As some of you may know, I turn 13 in Leap Years tomorrow. Since a Leap Year gives a little extra, I thought I'd honor that and do the same through my Leap Year (which technically lasts 4 years). I will definitely do 13 of them, and probably more. I could even do 52 of them in honor of turning 52. I'll get back to ya on that after thinking about it more.

You should know that I do RAKS a bit differently. You know me, the nonconformist. I pick from past comments! So, you never know when you are in the mix to be picked. Or when I'm gonna yell RAK! If someone I choose doesn't reply in a few days, then I choose another. I could bore you with my explanation how I choose the winners: the summary is that I pick a short list of comments I liked best, or needed that day, etc. Then I do the random picker thing on it, to choose.

And, this time it's a little somethin somethin hand-made.

So, without further ado, I have 3 winners today and 3 tomorrow, on my birthday:

1.) Gina (please email your mailing address to aimeslee_@_earthlink.net (without the _'s)

2.) Lynn (please email your mailing address to aimeslee_@_earthlink.net (without the _'s)

3.) Heather (I have your info, girl)

A little of my day in photos:

Big Baby Reggie


Our lunch - Grilled shrimp salad:



Something Hubs worked on:



Something I worked on:



About 1/2 way through with this, more later:

16 comments:

Kim Langston said...

I want to wish you a happy happy birthday a little early. Yes I know your birthday isn't officially until tomorrow but since you probably celebrate on 02.28 (as well as 03.01), I say you deserve three birthday greetings. So here is to your first one... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Katy said...

Aimeslee,

I just wanted to stop in and wish you a happy birthday. I actually wanted to do it on your birthday, but I am afraid that I will fall asleep.

I cannot express to you the difference you've made in my life, I hope that you are amazingly blessed and that those nearest to you will shower you with joy. You are an amazing woman, Aimeslee!

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday to you! Be sure and check out the 2P's DW thread on Friday too, there will be lots of good wishes sent your way.

toners said...

Hey, it's 12.34am here - Happy Birthday!!! I hope it's a fabulous day for you, filled with special treats! And how nice of you to do a RAK drawing - congrats to the winning ladies!!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Wow happy birthday! You look great for 13! What a sweet idea with the racks too!

csimmers said...

Happy, happy birthday my dear friend!!!! I have been waiting all week to be able to give you birthday wishes!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and an exciting weekend.

By the way, that grilled shrimp salad looks incredible!!!!

HUGS!!!

Kelley said...

Happy 13th!!! I hope you have a great day.

Kim Langston said...

Another birthday salutation for the Leap Year baby! Happy Birthday (on your real birth day)!!!!! Have a truly wonderful day!

Gina said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday!!!!!!

I will pop in later and see what you're up to.

Hugs to you on your special day. :)

Gina said...

OMG - I just read the full post and saw my name! You just made my day! I am in a frantic state dealing with insurance companies and all this morning (see my blog) and didn't want to miss posting a birthday wish. But now that the calls are made, I re-read your post, and am all excited, Thanks hon!! Emailing you soonest. And expect a RAK in return, since it's your birthday!!

That salad looks DIVINE!!!!

How do you like that Scor Pal? I've been toying with getting one, but now that I see your fab z-fold card, I think I need to just get on it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, once again.

Benita said...

Happy Birthday Aimeslee....hope you have a fabulous day! So neat being born on Leap Day!

Noelia said...

I want to wish you the happiest of all Leap Birthdays! I can truly say that this past year has been great getting to know you and working with you in an intimate project such as our CJ's. I truly respect you as an artist and I thank you for being such a great friend and blog reader of mine.
And girl, that shrimp salad looks so amazingly delish! The pic is out of this world! Great lighting! And throw my name into the hat for that RAK of yours...i hope I win i hope i win i hope i win! (in my Mr. Bean voice) lol

Anonymous said...

Thirteen! My god, you have forevah ahead of you! Happy Birthday, sister! Don't we february babies rock! Please send some of the cold my way, I feel like I have been cheated out of winter this year!

Linda said...

Happy 13th Birthday!!! I hope you had a fabulous day. Congrats to your rak winners

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope it was wonderful!!!

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday! (a day late, so sorry). Just love the photos you posted. Your baby is beautiful. I can't get over the work your dh did out in the yard! That is just amazing. It must've been a big pain in the butt to get that bushes out of there. Good work. Love the card you are working on. You are so talented and creative. You truly are an inspiration. Keep up the great work.
BTW-thanks for picking me as one of the winners! That is sooooo sweet of you.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.