Monday, February 25, 2008

Poppin' in to update

Feels like I been away from here for a week or so, but I think I posted Friday. Aren't these pretty roses? Hubs bought them for me as a birthday week pretty to enjoy. I thought that was very sweet, but it could also be a pre-emptive olive branch since he is off work all week and that means home all the time. :-(

And here is Missy's newest tattoo. Hubs did not even bat an eyelash on this one. I never thought that would happen:

We are fine. The vigil/rosary Friday night and the Saturday morning funeral went well, but it was more emotionally exhausting than I aniticipated. I practically bolted for home the first chance I got. (We took separate vehicles at my suggestion.) It felt so good to just put jammies on and crash, in the middle of a sunny afternoon.

And I am still not over it. The only thing I remember about Saturday night was enjoying SNL more than a human should. I've been waiting for months for them to put the political parodies on the other foot, and I finally got my wish. The skit about the Dems' debate was just hilarious. They totally nailed the media's Obama hard-on, IMO. And Tina Fey's News Update commentary was perfect. Perfect! I did sleep well.

Sunday went by in a quick blur, although I made sure I did my annual viewing of the Oscars. I stayed engaged for the first hour or so, then went back to concentrating on my tiny little collages.

I wish I had some wonderfully cheerful humor to sprinkle, but I can only think about taking some non-existent vacation somewhere away from here, so I make do with escaping into my art (which is what I've been doing). The feeling of a bleak future is back haunting the rear of my head, but I'll deal. Always have. My blog, though, right? So I'm sharing the bad with the good.

I used to believe in presenting only love,love,love on my blog. Do you read any blogs where the blogger never has a bad day or an impure thought? Everything all the time is cheerful and perky? My goodness, that is so fake to me. Nobody has a life like that. If I am going to invest time and effort in reading a blog, I want the blogger to keep it real. I don't want to drown in gossipy minutia, but I don't mind at all floating on it, LOL.

Anyway, this week is going to be unexpected, as far as being planned out. Hubs is off work until Sunday, and I don't really know what if anything to expect in the way of helping out his mom. I have two atc swaps I need to mail off, and I am only halfway through with them. I need to make 10: 4 for one swap where we have to use a charm from the store that owns the yahoo group the swap is at, and 6 in a swap on my other yahoo group where the theme is St/ Pattys/Easter. Here is a favorite of the ones that I've made so far. It's for the latter group:



These are literally taking me forever! Gosh! That is probably causing me my frustration with Life in general. Hate it like a cat hates a mouse when my art doesn't flow. I'm having trouble coming up with different ideas, since I like to make each one different. No wonder some people make entire batches of identical atc's. At least they don't have to think much after getting them going.

I will say this, though. I am very proud of myself for sticking to my original goals here: using my stash up and doing the holiday swaps to collect cards for my tree. This often means my cards are not the hippest or most intricately beautiful, and whenever I get into doing these, that's a frustration. It's tough using stash up and manage to get a fresh, meaningful card made.

Well, off to lay down a bit. I'm feeling really bad gastrically. All of that funeral food from well-wishers doesn't sit right with my innerds. And let's not even bring up how risky it is to eat pot luck.

My Gosh, just heard Ralph Nader say on CNN that we might need a Jeffersonian revolution. That man won't be happy until we have one, I suppose. I still cannot believe he has decided to run again. And I'll just leave that there, cuz I'm really getting drowsy (medication for the gastritis).
Until tomorrow, I'll answer the question I've gotten about where did I buy my sandals from the other day?
Shoe Mall. Look up the shoes by their names (Adidas and Privos). Hope that helps!

8 comments:

Gina said...

Darn, I missed SNL - bet that was a good one. Might try find parts of it on YouTube. I can't believe Nader has done it again! Can you say 'loose cannon'!

Glad the difficult weekend is over now, and hoping that you and DH can spend a nice quiet week together. Love the roses.

Lida said...

First of all sorry that your tummy feels weird, your ATC cards as always are soo cool! Hope your hubby relaxes and lets u relax too and I love your daughter´s tattoo, and she is so pretty!!!
Hope you have a great week!

csimmers said...

I'm glad to know that you're doing okay. And, you are still in my prayers. I love the ATCs you're making right now. I think they'll be great for your tree.

Sarah Coggins said...

Glad you've been able to get some sleep and work on your ATC's - both much needed therapy right now I bet. The St. Pat ATC card is so cool. Hope the week is a good one for you and your family. ((HUGS))

Gabrielle said...

Flowers are ALWAYS nice!

Love the Irish ATC! Very cute! :)

Hope your week turns out SUPER!

Benita said...

Those roses are beautiful! So sorry to hear about your father-in-law :( {{{hugs}}}

Yep, I hate people that only blog about cheery stuff.....life isn't always that way, so why should your blog be?

Noelia said...

The roses your hubby gave you are so pretty! I loved how you arranged them by your ATC's which as always are amazing...any closer peeks? ;)
Glad to hear that you were able to relax, it'll take a while for it to sink in for real so rest and encourage your hubby to do the same.

Linda said...

I can't believe I missed SNL. I feel asleep. :( I bet it was crazy funny. Hope you are feeling better today.