Wednesday, February 06, 2008

An Exciting Super Tuesday

I wanted to wait until late to blog; then I got busy mounting some of my rubber stamps on cling foam and cutting out; then got so sleepy I was afraid to post my name, much less anything else! I napped a bit though, enough to trust myself again, so here I am, at least for a little while.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the folks who were impacted by last night's tornadic storms. My parents are in Northeast Arkansas and rode it through in their hallway. Thankfully, they are okay with just a loss of electricity. One of the tornados hit less than a mile from them, so they were indeed lucky.


Every so often in my card-making, I will make one that I just love. This is one of those. It's for my oldest sister-in-law (I have 5 of them between both families). I hadn't ever really made one for her that I liked alot or would say was really nice. So, this one was long overdue for her to get.

I got to use my Big Shot Texturizing Plate on the blue cardstock. I also used a Spellbinders Nestabilities scalloped circle die, as well as a few other assorted toys. I've been trying to include 1 or 2 different techniques or pieces of equipment in my creations lately. I don't know if I actually will make more of these, but I wouldn't mind it if I did. ;-)

Hillary is officially my girl now. I finally decided today. I particularly enjoyed seeing the media project her the winner of Massachusetts and California. The Kennedy endorsements in those states had me reacting negatively. I idolized JFK as a child and teen, but then I grew up, read several biographies and learned about his reackless behaviors and blatant womanizing (nude women in the White House pool, dating a Mob mistress then too).

I began looking at his administration critically and saw how many times America teetered on the brink of major f-up. So, I'm no longer a fan. I thought it was pretty cool that their states went to Hillary after the Kennedys came out for Obama. Other than that, I was left with excitement over how many participated in the process, and how no one is yet a runaway frontrunner. My state votes in the March primaries and I like it that it's still a competitive race.

I've decided to just award the Blogging Award to everyone on my 'Dear Friends' Links on my sidebar. I just can't pick any one over another. You are all Excellent Bloggers!

11 comments:

mborrero said...

go Hillary!


that card is so awesome! I am thinking frame it!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Great card! I've been watching the primaries but haven't made a "final" decision yet? I agree about that blogger award - that's a tough one to do!

Katy said...

I love love love your card!! You have made me want to get some of those texturizing plates now!

You have been tagged on my blog, and you are going to be getting some more slop (free writing) from me in the near future.

I just had a very disturbing morning, and am feeling a ton of pressure now to get a job. I need to be self supporting, and soon!

Kelley said...

Great card! Nice, bright and cheerful. Something we could use around here. 12 inches of snow in the last couple of days and its still coming down. Time to call out the sled dogs.

Lida said...

Ok A. I love that card, it is so colorful and I want the nestabilities so bad, just wait till I hit the lotto.

I am so loving Hillary too, if I could vote I would totally vote for her, I really like her.

I love your Hillary avatar!!

Linda said...

Beautiful card, lots of great techniques going on there and so cheerful.

Heather said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee!

It was amazing to see the turn out for the caucuses here in MN. I was wondering if the Kennedy endorsements would negatively affect Obama. Last night they were interviewing people upon exit from voting and a little old lady said " I voted for Obama. I like Hillary, but Bill scares me." I just had to laugh out loud! It's going to be an interesting ride!

toners said...

Gorgeous card! What a great design! :)

Kim said...

Aimes, I love your card, it's gorgeous! I still love reading your blog too, even though you've got that HRC button on there. I had to smile at the reference to "reackless behaviors and blatant womanizing"... I could have sworn you were referring to MR. Hillary Clinton.
Obama 08!!!!
:-)

Kim said...

Oh yeah, where in Texas?
Native San Antonian here, transplanted to Virginia.

Gina said...

Stunning card, Girl! Love all your latest cards - I might have to lift them all.

I woulda voted with ya if I was eligible!