Friday, February 15, 2008

Baby Steps All Around


Here's a future project. Hopefully, by the end of the year, they might get altered, LOL.

Well, overall Thursday was a bit better than Wednesday for me. I still have this bug, and I'm very depleted and tired but I really believe the intermittent nausea, cramps, etcetera, is slowing up. Not getting them quite as often. I'm thinking a couple more days and I might be feeling better. I called my doctor's office yesterday to ask if anything like this was going around, and there is an intestinal virus/flu making the rounds. Sounds like this might be that. I'll just continue to take it easy since there is little else one can do for that.

Here and there, I've been fiddling with my Goth ATC's, and applying thin multiple coats of Diamond Glaze over my rub-ons is doing the trick. So is heating the rubon for a few seconds with a hair dryer before applying them. I've also been applying them to vellum and since that is less porous than paper, I believe that helps. So, I contnue to have fun with those.

I'd sent the swap hostess the photo of them when I emailed her to drop out. She wrote back asking me to stay in it if I could and she would give me more time, because she loves my ATC's and they are exactly what she was hoping to receive. So, I'm back in the swap, I think, if I continue to feel well enough to sit long enough to do some work. We will see.

One reason I like doing this kind of crafting is because I'm learning a lot by trying different things out on the ATC's. I have different inks and it helps to know which ones dry faster and more permanently, which ones stay wet longer and can be embossed, etc. etc. I used some copper Brilliance ink to edge some vellum, and it really dried well. OTOH, the Versafine I used to edge another ATC took forever to dry, but I'd really globbed it on there, too.

Seems like I get to experiment more than when I do greeting cards, and although it doesn't have to be that way, that's the way it usually turns out. Anyway, I can take baby steps toward learning more about techniques, as well as getting experience so maybe I'll remember how to do them the next time...

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey girl, sorry to hear that you are still under the weather. I hope you start to feel better soon.

I have to say, I just love those cards from yesterday! The first one is beautiful. Thats the way I feel some day. Just drive a dagger thru my heart, lol! The pink one is really nice also. I just love these twisted card! Great job. Keep up the awesome work you do. I'm glad that you are staying on with the swap.

I hope you have a great day!

jillconyers said...

Hope you feel better soon!

I love playing with my ATCs! They're quick...love that! There is a freedom to experiment with them that I don't really have when working on a layout or mini album.

I'm going to give some of your ideas/products a try :)

Benita said...

Hope you feel better real soon! Love those letters....where'd you get them at?

Gina said...

Aimes, those ATCs are phenomenal. Absolutely gorgeous! I am so pleased you posted the tip about using a hairdryer to soften up older rub-ons! I often see questions about that on 2Ps, and no-one has ever mentioned that tip. WTG, you resourceful gal, you!

I love that you've bought the letters for your 2008 mantra - Dare, Bare, Share, Care. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

toners said...

Wow - those ATCs are amazing! I have become addicted to them...they're the perfect way to try out new techniques (like you said), and the gratification is almost instant! Have a great weekend - and feel better soon!

Maureen said...

Great cards, Aimeslee! Hope you get better real soon. Take it easy; happy belated Valentine's Day!

Heather said...

I LOVE the ATC's. Especially the pink one.
So here's how I usually feel about being sick. Especially nausea and vomiting etc. If I lose a little weight during the ordeal than it's not so bad! Hope you feel better soon. And you are welcome! I'd have sent you some snow with the card but it would have just made a mess!

Linda said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! I like the idea for your next project.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Theresa said...

Okay, you've been sick long enough, I say it's time to get better. Now do as you're told--don't make me come over there!!!!

Shirley Fyfe said...

Here's hoping you are feeling better soon Aimeslee - this has certainly gone on for long enough!

Love your letters . . . I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Linda said...

Good morning! You have been tagged!

grandmascraps said...

Thanks for tips on the ATC's, I will have to try that the next time I do ATC's. DS is recovering from his Snowmobile accident. Thank you for all your great comments on my blogs. I appreciate that someone is reading them.