Saturday, October 06, 2007

Cutting Edge, My Arss...


You are a pair of SCISSORS!You're cutting edge, baby! You cut through life with ease, always keeping others on the edge. You have the power to simplify things by just cutting them out. But scissors beware - you may cut some of the important things out of your life without realizing it, in your need to keep trim!
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code



I cannot remember now where I saw this...whose blog it was on, LOL. I'd definitely give credit if I could remember. Anyway, I took the quiz and I'm scissors. Cutting edge, oh right. LOL Maybe a couple of times I've used stuff a certain way or ressurrected some technique a few months before several other people use it too, but I just figured that was serendipity, people all getting the same idea randomly. I still think that, LOL.

I'm having sleep issues again. My body clock rocks along normally, on the 16-hour wake schedule, but then goes too long after a few days. I struggle to keep it from being 20 or 24 hours, but I can never win. I try harder, to force myself to sleep at the same x hour every night, to no avail. I haven't had success in years and years. How's that done again? LOL

It's actually caused by the combo of my meds: they would make me sleep more if I didn't fight them and it ends up causing me insomnia.

So anyway, I stayed up last night working on tax returns and I'm feeling punch drunk now. I've been trying to get photos of the cards I did Saturday edited and uploaded all.morning.long. No luck yet. Things are moving in slow motion, you know what I mean? (I can still type tho, that's 2nd nature as long as my arthritis isn't acting up in my fingers.)

I guess I'll show those cards tomorrow, or maybe all this week, just to have something every day to show.

I went over to 2peas and looked at the blog challenges to get the questions, but really, none of them since Friday have seemed to apply to me or whatever. One asked about scrapping plans this weekend: none. The next one asked what one technique I use on layouts: none, I'm all over the map. And another asked about where I go to attend crops: I don't. The closest to that is my Saturday group that I've only been to twice since we started back up in September, and that's more of an educational or workshop thing. I never "crop" there. I've never really done crops.

I've been surfing around to writing blogs lately, in my spare moments. I kind of feel that's where I'll evolve to next. You may or may not know that I freelance when I can. A couple of months ago, I was in the running for ghost-writing a book. Found out last week I didn't get it, but came really close. The editor told me I needed to write more online about my life and get out of limiting myself to a scrapping blog. So I've been lurking around at other writers' blogs to see how they do it, and it's fascinating to me.

This is one of three gorgeous fall photos I was forwarded recently in an email from a friend. I'm so jealous of folks who are getting their fall color changes now. Cuz we aren't. Pout. So, a photo has to be the next best thing for me.

So I've been lurking those blogs. No way I'll ever be able to rehab this one to that purpose, so it looks like a second blog in my future. Again. LOL I've been putting it off thinking about this, but I really want to get started on it. Thinking I'll do it on Wordpress, so many writer blogs there.

Well, I probably contributed nothing of value today, but I did want to make an appearance. I see a nap in my future.....LOL (hmm, wonder how I knew..... winkwink)

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles sleeping lately. I've been having the same problems here, although last night I did get a few hours in.
I'm also sorry to hear that you didn't get the ghost-writer. To be so close and not get it. It must be hard. I'm sure there will be more chances in the future.
BTW-... I think a nap is in my future also.. very near future.

csimmers said...

It must be something in the air today about sleeping. I had nightmares last night and didn't sleep well. Now I'm fighting a headache I woke up with this morning. Came to school with the headache and leaving with the headache.

Anonymous said...

I am paper, forgotten my camera so many times that the leaves are almost gone and suck at spelling, LOL!

KarenSue said...

I was scissors also!

the 3rd coast is Texas?

that's cool, I grew up in Houston
know what you mean about fall colors, our only hills were the freeway overpasses

hope your sleep situation is better soon.

grandmascraps said...

Ii am paper also. I am lucky enough to live where the colors do change. I have to say though that the color change in Rochester NY area has more contrast than here in the NC. STill it is one of my favorite times of year. I use to have a tree in front of my house in NY, that turned a brillant red. people were always stopping to take a picture of it in the fall. I miss that tree.