Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Hubs!
The Birthday "Boy", 56 years young.

The Cake: A favorite of his from the neighborhood bakery.


And, his favorite brekkie: bakery kolaches and donuts.
I awoke at the crack of dawn to go get all of this (takes bow). That included a store-bought Hallmark card, which he secretly prefers to a handmade one, so I rarely make his card.
Hubs will spend his day getting his gift checks cashed, buying some liquor and cigar treats, going to get his complimentary birthday car wash, and then picking out some really nice steaks and fixing us a steak, baked potato and salad dinner tonight. We will go out to dinner later in the week.
The weather today is picture-perfect, sunny with a chilly wind. Everything looks so green and springy. I'll have to go out and take some more photos this week.
******************

101-Year old Marathon Runner
I just had to celebrate this dude. Click on the link, it's a really short article, only like 5 paragraphs. He totally cracks me up and I can only wish I could live so long or do what he does at my current age. Sheesh! He's still working! God love him...
*********************

Well, speaking of old grinds, back to it for me. Just 2 more days, I cannot wait!

7 comments:

Benita said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to your hubs! I hope he has a fantastic day!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Hubs! But I gotta wonder, is Aimes trying to kill you with all those sweets!?

Aimes, I saw that guy on the Today show today and LOVED him! And I also LOVE your "bitches" icon! Very cool!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to your dh! That cake looks yummy! Glad you both had a nice day.

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday to DH! Boy that Red Velvet cake looks yummy!

I applaud that guy! He is incredible. I too could only wish that I could do the things that he is doing now at my present age! That is so AWESOME!

Hope you have a great day!

Sarah Coggins said...

Hope Hubs had a wonderful birthday! Looks like you spoiled him. :)

Lida said...

Happy Birthday Aimeslee´s hubs!! Hope you had a great day your red velvet cake looks yummy.
And Aimeslee you are such a nice wife to get him all his goodies, as always you rock!

toners said...

Happy birthday hubby!! Sounds like you spoiled him - and rightly so! Everyone should be spoiled on their birthday :) And didn't you know that birthday celebration meals are calorie-free??? :)