Friday, April 11, 2008

Fit to be Friday


Can I just say it?

I'm going nuts right now.

Several things have aligned in my life this year to cause me to have to learn to acknowledge, adapt, adjust, accept. Yeah, when I have more time, I'll elaborate...

But right now, it's being exxacerbated greatly by having to meet a tax deadline without my usual enthusiasm or concentration. So, I've understandably turned to trying to pop some pills in search of energy, stabilization, calm.

Much to my surprise, I'm seeing some improvement!

In addition to my daily Centrum and Vitamin C (not pictured), what's in the picture above is my current stash of miracle helpers.

I give 10 stars to Cinnamon and Green Tea. I've been a bad bad diet girl since my hip began hurting badly, and on April 1 I learned what a Fool I'd been...I'd managed to gain 10 pounds back, which would be no-big-deal had I been at a decent weight, but when you've miles to go before you sleep on your weight loss, gaining 10 back is basically shameful.

So, I immediately began trying to get back on track gradually (it is tax season, after all), and while I won't be able to get my exercising turned back on until next week, I have been cutting out all fast food and sweets, and I've been eating at least 3 fruits a day and eating smaller more frequent meals.

As of April 10th, Ive lost 5 of those pounds. So, I'm halfway back to zero, and I'm thankful it was just 10 pounds and not more.

I'd been advised to try the Cinnamon recently, and I can feel a lift within 30 minutes. And when I dip back down again, a cup of green tea helps get me peppy again. I've been eating a half a grapefruit and a Lean Cuisine every 3 hours or so, too. (Hubs bought this gigantic bag of the g-fruit on sale, and the g-fruit is in addition to the other 3 daily fruit servings). I read the stories about the water myth, but I'm still drinking as much as I can, because I cannot deny that when I slack off I start gaining weight. (So maybe it's an appetite suppressor, it works, I'm not picky).

Anyway, I'm able to handle the stress much better, but I've learned one thing this spring: no more tax work. I've already told 3 clients this is the final year. It's scary, but I'm so wanting to celebrate, so I know it's the right thing to do.

I cannot ever in my life remember feeling so enthusiastic about getting to play and make art! Just a few more days....

Now, if I can just get thru Tuesday with enough energy, enthusiasm and concentration. Where are those pills...?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss and things will get better soon.

toners said...

Well done Aimeslee!! And you're right...not many days to go now :)

Lida said...

Is going to be over before you know it and then is just art and playing! Good for you for loosing those pounds and can´t wait to see what you create next.

Noelia said...

You'll be back on track as soon as tax season is over you'll see! I can't even imagine how stressful it must be for you. Glad that I don't have to do any of that, hubs does it. Congrats on the weight loss!

Linda said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Less than 4 days to go and then no more deadlines!

jillconyers said...

WTG...getting yourself back on track. I'm often amazed what stress can potentially do to us if we let it. Now if I could just get my brother to realize it and do something about it (did I just say that out loud).

Hang in there and take care of yourself :)

Ryzmomplus2 said...

congrats on your weight loss... tell me more about the cinnamon and ginger? Here's to reaching all your deadlines!

Theresa said...

If you can lose weight during tax season you're the woman!