Sunday, December 27, 2009

Heavy {UP}Lifting

I chanced upon a nice little blog last night that is trying to provide good advice to peeps. It's called The Wisdom Wall and it's filled with some very cool thought-provoking fodder. Check it out.

I found it to be quite uplifting, as I'm currently in full post-holiday funk mode. I needed the visit. I'm having a helluva time with a pinched nerve in my hip joint (I think) that is controlling my every waking and sleeping physical (and now, mental and emotional) moment. My usual escape from this kind of trouble is artsing and crafting, but I seem to have lost my focus and motivation for that, temporarily (I hope!).

As a funny aside, I have to admit that if I had only one wish to come true at this moment, I would be hard-pressed to decide between alleviating this pain and getting my creativity mojo back! Folks, that's what I call hard-core love. Well, either that or just plain idiocy. Yes, I know, I need to definitely wish for no more pain, I get that....

Anyway, there are some posts at The Wisdom Wall, in the archives, that list some awesome quotes by famous people. I happened upon an appropriate one for me by the late financier and statesman, Bernard Baruch:

In the last analysis, our only freedom is the freedom to discipline ourselves.

This is so true, isn't it? Even in America, the land of the free. So, I'm gonna once again work on Mind over Matter to try to get my mojo back and my spirits raised up. I'm gonna look in the mirror, smile, and say: Lie to me, honey. Hit me, baby, one more time.

It's worked before more times than I can remember, so I'm hoping I'll get lucky again.