Sunday, February 01, 2009

I think I jinxed it...


Oy. Happy Super Bowl Sunday.

I haven't posted since Wednesday, because I jinxed my recovery and had a relapse. Called the doc's office Friday and they were not impressed. Been there, done that, apparently. They said I'll be hacking and blowing and *relapsing* for a couple more weeks. Sigh.

Feels like a relapse to me. Harrumph. So it shall be, in my world.

At any rate, it's put a dent in my little power productivity drive I had going on upon feeling better. Drats. Oh well, story of my life. Might as well be used to it.


So it was a good day for a national holiday, then. Hubs and I started out with some chips and dips.


Then, some appetizers...namely, Pillsbury Savorings Flaky Pastry Bites. The cheese and spinach ones are my favorites.


Finally, our entree: Super Bowl Recovery Soup. It's basically ministrone with ground beef mixed in. Soup is good food.

You probably know that I do not watch football. Not a fan of the game, and not a fan of any of the pro sports, really. I do try to make an exception for the big world-class games like the Super Bowl and World Series, though, if Hubs wants me too. And he did want company this year, I decided to be nice.

Neither one of us had any kind of a favorite this year, mainly due to a long-held grudge against the Steelers. Old-timers down here remember them as the arch-enemies of our team, the Oilers (who are now the Titans after leaving Houston and moving to Tennessee).

Still, my head said bet the farm on them. They were our arch-enemies and we hated them, but we did respect their venom. My heart tugged for the Cardinals. So, it was pretty boring until the final 5minutes or so. The commercials were pretty much my only diversion.

So, anyway, Hubs is now asleep and I am watching The Office and trying not to cough. Time to go re-slather Vicks on my feet. :-)))

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey there Aimes! I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Unfortunately, it's going to happen to us. We have a compromised immune system. Knock on wood, I've been doing pretty well. I did get my flu shot and phenomnia shot back in September so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm with you... don't really follow any of the professional sports except tennis. I'm a big of that.

Anyway, I would love to catch up with. It's been a long time.
Hope you keep on the mend.

Lida said...

Sorry you are not feeling well, your yummies opened my appetite, is great to have you blogging again I missed you!