Monday, February 23, 2009

what's doin'

There's been some chilly nights down here lately. We've been having a few days of nasty uber-humidity and then a cool front blows through to dry things out slightly before the cycle repeats.

That means pain for me...when it's humid, pain all over. Pain after sleeping no matter the position. Even tried one night in the recliner and that used to never make me hurt. It's just to be suffered. When it's cold, I get a little relief but I also tend to feel the cold more and I'm a shaker. winkwink

Lots of concern down here over border events, too. People are on edge about it. It was recently reported that the Feds find around a dozen Middle Easterners a month illegally crossing the border. They just don't publicize it. Knowing this has somehow woke us up down here a little and we are concerned about the recent confrontations, on the border too. On top of everything else to feel insecure about right now, adding fear of invasion is not welcome. Not to mention that it was also reported that Houston is like the top Al Queda hit spot now. That's just great. Seriously.

I did my annual thing tonight and watched the Academy Awards. Didn't see any of the movies, but it did inspire me to share my 3 top actors and 3 top actresses of all time (this week):

Actors:
1. William Powell
2. Dick Powell
3. Gary Cooper

Actresses:
1. Norma Shearer
2. Lana Turner
3. Ingrid Bergman

Well, sleep calls. Time to go cause some more pain. winkwink

4 comments:

A Bit of Colour said...

Hey, sorry to hear about your pain. I have several friends & relatives when the weather changes, so does the aches & pains in their body. Thanks for the info about the border also. Media will not share everything. May GOD heal you.
Blessings

commoncents said...

Great post!

Would you like a Link Exchange with COMMON CENTS a blog where we blog about the issues of the day??

http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

csimmers said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I know it's not the 29th (LOL) but I wanted you to know I am thinking of you and hope you have a great day! HUGS!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you aren't in much pain today. Scary about the border situation, but sadly I am not too surprised. I hope that the Feds are on top of it though.