Monday, January 10, 2011

It Takes Two

Okay, I got something unpleasant to talk about and I'm just gonna get it out and over with.

First, concerning the horrible, horrible tragedy in Tuscon, AZ on Saturday, I'm incredibly sad. Apart from being devestated at the death of a little girl born on 9/11 for godssake, and a federal judge and Congresswoman and many others shot, some killed...apart from all of that senseless misery, it should be no surprise that Gabby Gifords was my kind of legislator, even if she was a Dem and voted for some bills I wouldn't have. She believed in compromise and centrism, and she believed in helping Arizona, not boycotting and suing it. Had AG Holder felt likewise, I very much believe there might not have been a massacre on Saturday.

And that brings me to the other thing. Listen, no matter how much the Far Left tries to blame the Far Right for Laugher's actions, until they acknowledge their mistakes that directly led to this as well (AG Holder suing AZ instead of trying to help them out, Pelosi's and Obama's inciteful speech, the Leftwing bloggers causing as much evil as Talk Radio, just to name a few), bad things are going to continue to happen and it's only gonna get worse.

You might be asking, what mistakes? 

As I said before...

AG Holder suing Arizona instead of figuring out a compromise way to help them deal with the border violence and infiltration/invasions. Arizonans didn't ask for any of it and they've been suffering in silence with it for years now. Nobody on the Leftie Blogs shed a tear for the border rancher, a US citizen, when he was murdered, now did they? To them, the state was only a place to travel to for protests and then to tell what to do otherwise. A place to be against. Certainly living with that kind of stigma (ask any resident of Dallas or even Texas in the 1960's and 1970's, believe me!) will bring out stressful emotions on both sides of the aisle.

And that brings me to President Obama. America elected a president who is comfortable with unleashing CHAOS, let's face it. And inciteful words? Remember these?

•“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.”  Barack Obama in July 2008•“I want you to argue with them and get in their face!” Barack Obama, September 2008


•“Here’s the problem: It’s almost like they’ve got — they’ve got a bomb strapped to them and they’ve got their hand on the trigger. You don’t want them to blow up. But you’ve got to kind of talk them, ease that finger off the trigger.” Barack Obama on banks, March 2009

•“I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!” Barack Obama on ACORN Mobs, March 2010

•“We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.” Barack Obama on the private sector, June 2010

•“A Republican majority in Congress would mean ‘hand-to-hand combat’ on Capitol Hill for the next two years, threatening policies Democrats have enacted to stabilize the economy.” Barack Obama, October 6, 2010

•“We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us.” Barack Obama to Latinos, October 2010

(Many thanks to the BlogProf for gathering these quotes.)
 
And here's another very long list of violence against Republicans...not just words...actual deeds.
 
Now, when you read or hear that Sarah Palin caused the 22-yr. old Jared Loughner to unleash his violence Saturday because of her Facebook crosshairs map graphic , just remember, as I've shown you, BOTH sides have used violent metaphors, phrases, and images.
 
I could go on (Pelosi and Reid both have a list of quotes as well, but thinking of them gives me indigestion. And that Sheriff Dupenik aka Dopenik even has some partisan choice quotes). I don't listen to right wing talk radio or read their blogs, but I'm sure they have their quotes, too. The whole thing makes me angry, sad, sick, and more convinced than ever that moderate centrist compromise is the only thing that will save us. But the possibility of that happening gets more and more remote by the day.
 
Gabby Gifford is what you would call a moderate centrist. She's a Blue Dog Democrat who is pro-Second Amendment and pro-border security. I don't pretend to know if Jared Loughner had a political agenda that fit into any of the little square or round pegs we use, or if he just operated by the Wild Hair Rule. And, I don't think even the FBI's gonna be able to find a clear path to either political extreme. But both sides will use him against the other, sure enough, even if it's not accurate.
 
I have more to say, but not today. I need to get John Brown out of my head....