Monday, October 13, 2008

22 Days Left...


Meanwhile, Happy Columbus Day.

I've been sickly since I last posted. Hubs came home with what I guessed was a cold last Wednesday. Friday, I finally persuaded him to go to the walk-in clinic, so he took the afternoon off and got medicated up. Technical diagnosis: rhinitis. He got a steroid shot, some antibiotics, some antihistamine and some Nasonex, which he refuses because I have plenty. Wrong. I'm not about to give him any of my Nasonex. Get your own! So, he had to call them back and get a script phoned in. Dang, it's not gum or candy, dude.

Well, fast forward to Saturday night, late. We had made plans to go out to eat at Saltgrass Steakhouse and take in the American Carol movie on Sunday. But I started coming down with what he had. Your nose starts itching/burning, then dripping/running. Then, the eyes. Then, the throat. Muscle aches, lethargy, reduced appetite (only good part, lol).

So, nix on the fun. I slept an extraordinary amount of time between Saturday night and now, Monday morning at 8 a.m. And I may just lay back down some more. Sometimes I just have to sleep off an illness. The older I get, the more that works. (Or maybe the older I get, the more I am willing to slow down enough for it to work.) Hopefully, I'll be over this by tomorrow. I am almost there now.

As the ACORN mess spreads in the news, the Obama campaign feels it must sink once again to playing the race card, this time sending Georgia Rep. John Lewis into the media to complain about the bad bad man McCain saying mean widdle things like Gov. Wallace did in 1968. (And everyone under 30 or 40 says, Who?)

What Lewis refers to is during some rallies featuring McCain and Palin, supporters have shouted "traitor," "terrorist," "treason," "liar" and even "off with his head." Most of the time McCain hasn't even heard what they were saying, and when he does he has spoken against it. The shouters are talking about William Ayers, the unrepentent terrorist pal of Obama's. They are not referencing Obama. So it's a stretch and a bit over the top as an accusation.

But everyone seems to trust that these really are McCain supporters. Except me. Why would it be unreasonable to be skeptical of that? It could be plants from the Obama campaign, too. They seemed to be all in a common cluster of rallies. If my goal was to cause a stir like that so it would get on the network news and make McCain look bad, I'd certainly hire me some plants lickety-split. Then, make Lewis play the part that he did as his loyalty commitment to the Obama campaign. After all, Lewis is a former Clinton supporter.

No, nothing Team O did would ever surprise me. It's just a little too well run to be real. The longer this goes on, I am flummoxed that such few people speak out about the tactics. I guess getting hit by Obama sludge twice (once with Clinton, now with McCain) gives me a unique perspective.

I'm of the school that says to McCain, keep attacking and exposing. It's working because the polls show them almost back to neck and neck again. It's a campaign, not a tea party where snotty pretensious women bitch-slap each other with their long gloves and pearls.

And on that note, time for my nap.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hey Aimes!!!! Sorry to hear you're under the weather. I know, I know - I've been MIA for a while - been busy setting up a biz, but am slowly coming up for air again. I could have sworn your blog went private for a while - or am I going nuts?

Anyhoo - great to see you're still blogging.

Hugs to ya.