Sunday, July 31, 2011

So Much for Don

I know I owe you a post about the seminar I went to this past week, but I am still trying to type it out. My thumbs are trying their best to drive me mad with pain. So for now, let me share with you the cell phone photos I took on Thursday of Tropical Storm Don's outer bands arriving in my neck of the woods.

I just happened to be on the road and the photos do not do the contrast of clouds justice. It was actually kinda hard to concentrate on driving, but to be fair, I must confess that I had never taken photos before on my cell phone, so part of the distraction for me was learning on the fly how to do that {busted!}.

Photo #1, driving south up on the Hartman Suspension Bridge. Believe it or not, I was in blinding sunlight seconds before.


Over the bridge now and still going south, but at ground level it's a more monstrous sight.

My quick errand done, now driving due north and back over the bridge, the clouds have beaten me back home.

You can better see the stark contrast between sunny and stormy in this cloud shot.

This one gives an idea of how low-hanging Don's clouds were, as well as the sunny-stormy contrast.

Throughout the entire trip, not one drop of rain fell on my dusty dirty car. When we finally got a little bit of rain on Friday, it was almost anti-climactic. I heard thunder and one slight wind gust at 6 a.m. exactly. Then a gentle shower lasting 10 minutes. That was as bad as it got. I was grateful for the cloudiness, though, as our temperatures dropped a few degrees. So, so much for Don.