Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Emily presented me with this neat award, so thank you very much Em!! Please visit her blog.
There are a few requirements to accepting the Honest Scrap Award and they are as follows:
A). Here are 7 honest things about myself:
1. I desperately need to go get an eye exam and some new glasses. So much so that I've worn a pair of broken glasses for the last year that I've taped back together.
2. I have what I guess you might call a bit of a talent for naming things. I would probably have done well in an advertising firm creative department (which is what my daughter will be doing once she graduates college in a year, if the economy cooperates).
3. I just signed up for two online summer workshops, one in creative lettering and the other a study of techniques in Gwen Diehn's book, The Decorated Page.
4. My favorite hot breakfast cereal is Malt-o-Meal.
5. A neighbor gave us a sack of home-grown tomatoes last week and I sure did enjoy slicing them and eating them.
6. In the summer I combine Aveeno Moisturizing Body Wash with St. Ives Facial Scrub on my wash cloth in the shower, and it gets the dead skin off, plus it moisturizes and invigorates my skin all over.
7. I just got my hair cut off super short. I went to my usual hair salon, but began using a new stylist who gave me an old-fashioned razor cut, which is perfect for my hair type. I haven't had this good of a cut in years.
Thinking of 7 things that I haven't already blogged about was hard! So, these may seem obscure things about me. I am in a mood not to repeat anything, though, so, whatchya gonna do?
B). I must put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog which I have proudly done!
C). I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers and list their links. Well, I recently decided that while I refuse to refuse to do tags and quizzes, I am going to refuse to hunt down new recruits. This is entirely my fault as I am very slow and it takes me forever to do that. So, if you are reading and want to do this quiz, consider yourself lovingly tagged by me, okay? And, if you have tagged me, please accept my thanks for understanding. :-)